This view displays the results of a search.
Text searches will only search for expressions in files with extensions (file types) specified in the search
- Show Next Match
- This command highlights the next match of the search expression in the editor area, opening the file if
- Show Previous Match
- This command highlights the previous match of the search expression in the editor area, opening the file if
- Remove Selected Matches
- Removes all highlighted matches from the search results.
- Remove All Matches
- Remove all matches from the search results.
- Expand All
- Expand all matches in the hierarchical view.
- Collapse All
- Collapse all matches in the hierarchical view.
- Run the current search again
- Re-runs the most recent search.
- Cancel Current Search
- Cancel a search that is running.
- Previous Search Results
- This command allows you to browse previously conducted searches and repeat a previous search. You can select a
previous search from the drop-down menu or clear the search history.
- Pin the Search view
- Pinning the search view means that subsequent searches will shown their results in another search view and that
the pinned view remains unchanged.
Quick Text Search Dialog
Searching for files
Searching for text within a file