Specifying the location of the run configuration
When you create a run configuration, it is saved with the extension .launch in org.eclipse.debug.core. You can specify an alternate location in which to store your run configuration. You can also specify how you access it and what perspective to open when running an application.
To specify the location of a run configuration:
- In the C/C++ Projects view, select a project.
- Click Run > Run or Run > Debug.
- In the Configurations box, expand C/C++ Local.
- Click the Common tab.
- To save .launch to a project in your workspace, and to be able to commit it to CVS, click Shared.
- In the Folder Selection window, select a project, and click OK.
- To specify which perspective opens when you run, select a perspective from the Run mode list.
- To specify which perspective opens when you run, select a perspective from the Debug mode list.
- Click Run, or do the following, as required:
- To set the environment variables and values to use when an application runs, see Setting environment variables.
- To select a debugger to use when debugging an application, see Defining debug settings.
- To specify the location of source files used when debugging a C or C++ application, see Specifying the location of source files.
- To specify where the run configuration is stored, how you access it, and the perspective to open when running an application, see Selecting a run/debug configuration.