Checking the accessibility and usability of a document for screen reader users in the OpenDocument Accessibility perspective
The OpenDocument Accessibility perspective can check the accessibility and usability for screen reader users.
The Blind Usability Visualization in the OpenDocument Accessibility perspective visualizes the accessibility and usability of HTML files converted from ODF files.
The following steps will check the accessibility of an ODF file using the OpenDocument Accessibility perspective:
- Open the ODF file in one of the following ways (OpenDocument accessibility perspective only supports local files):
- Click File > Open, and then navigate to the local ODF file to be checked.
- After selecting the Office view, click the Open ODF File button at the top of the Office view, which opens the ODF file.
- Type the URL in the address line, and click GO.
The document opens in the Office view.
- Click Blind above the top right pane to select the blind view.
- Open the Blind Usability Visualization preference page in one of the following ways:
- Click Settings.
- Click Window > Preferences > ACTF > Blind Usability Visualization.
Set the visualization mode and then click either Apply and Visualize or OK.
- Visualize the blind usability and detect any accessibility and usability problems in one of the following ways:
- Click Visualize button.
- Click Visualization menu > Visualize (blind) or use shortcut key (Ctrl+Shift+B).
- (Optional) Click Save to save the report file as an HTML document.
(Notes: The report file is an HTML document, and it consists of three
parts: a diagram showing the overall rating, a usability visualization
view, and a problem list. When a line is selected in the list of problems,
the corresponding element in the visualization view is highlighted,
and the page automatically scrolls if necessary to show the element.)
- Each entry in the problem list should be addressed. See Line View pane (blind usability) for details.
As each problem is successfully resolved, the rating in the Overall Rating pane will improve.
Go to Index