Line View pane (low vision)
The Line View pane is a table that presents the problems for the selected categories line by line.
For each problem, the following information is given:
- Type (Icon): a visual indicator for the problem.
The icons used in the Line View pane in the low vision mode are as follows:
- : This icon appears with some other icon. The corresponding element can be highlighted in the Simulation View by selecting this line.
- : This problem is related to the colors of the corresponding element.
- : This problem is related to the font size of the corresponding element.
- Accessibility guidelines: The three accessibility guidelines and standards that are available for use appear to the right of the icon column.
In the Guideline Checker preference page
(Opened by clicking Window > Preferences > ACTF > Guideline Checker), the guidelines can be selected for the tool to use when it checks the accessibility and usability of webpages.
- WCAG 2.0: The number of the corresponding checkpoint defined in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, which are issued by the World Wide Web Consortium.
- [Section] 508: The corresponding rule in Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act §1194.22.
- JIS: The corresponding checkpoint of the Japanese Industrial Standard (JIS) X8341-3.
- Problem Description: A description of the accessibility or usability problem that will prevent users with low vision from accessing the page.
- Severity: The seriousness of the problem, rated on a scale that ranges from 0 to 100.
- Foreground: The foreground color of the element. This information is used only for text color problems.
- Background: The background color of the element. This information is used only for text color problems.
- X: The x-coordinate of the upper left corner of the element.
- Y: The y-coordinate of the upper left corner of the element.
- Area: The area of a box surrounding the element. The surrounding box will appear when the problem is selected.
Left-click a line to highlight the element that corresponds to the problem in the Visualization View.
Right-click a line or press Shift+F10 to open a context menu.
- Clear Selection: Selecting this item clears (unselects) the currently selected problem (or problems) in the Line view.
This is used to stop highlighting problems in the Simulation/Visualization view.
- View Success Criterion: Selecting this item refers to the
corresponding help pages of the success criterion, which appear in a separate browser window.
If there are no relevant checkpoints, this item is not available.
- View Techniques: Selecting this item refers to the
corresponding help pages of the techniques, which appear in a separate browser window. If there are no relevant checkpoints in any guideline, this item is not available.
- View Source HTML: Selecting this item opens the HTML source viewer in which the corresponding HTML element is highlighted.
- Properties: Selecting this item (or double clicking target problem) opens a dialog box that shows the details of selected problem.
Go to Index