Running external tools
The Workbench provides a mechanism for running tools that are not part of it. To configure an external tool:
- Click Run > External Tools > External
- Select the Program configuration
- Click the New button.
- Enter a name for your external tool (for example, My External Tool).
- Click the Browse File System button.
- Find the tool you want to run (for example, on Windows it is usually a file with the extension .exe or
- (Optional) In the Arguments field enter the necessary arguments for the tool.
- (Optional)In the Working directory field enter the working directory for the tool.
- Click Run.
These steps create a persisted launch configuration. The newly created configuration will appear in the launch
history under Run > External Tools and will be available in the launch configuration dialog which is opened
by clicking Run > External Tools > External
It is also possible to set up and run an external tool to build a project.
Running Ant buildfiles
- Select the desired project.
- From its pop-up menu choose Properties.
- Click Builders from the list, and configure the tool as described above.