Description: Breakpoint organizers categorize breakpoints based on some specific criteria. For example, a breakpoint organizer is provided to categorize breakpoints by project.
Organizers with the specified name will be automatically created by the Debug Platform and presented to the user as options for grouping breakpoints. The supplied class, which must implement org.eclipse.debug.ui.IBreakpointOrganizerDelegate, will be loaded only as necessary, to avoid early plugin activation.
<!ELEMENT extension (breakpointOrganizer+)>
point CDATA #REQUIRED
id CDATA #IMPLIED
name CDATA #IMPLIED>
- point - a fully qualified identifier of the target extension point
- id - an optional identifier of the extension instance
- name - an optional name of the extension instance
<!ELEMENT breakpointOrganizer EMPTY>
id CDATA #REQUIRED
class CDATA #REQUIRED
label CDATA #REQUIRED
icon CDATA #IMPLIED
othersLabel CDATA #IMPLIED>
- id - Unique identifier for this breakpoint organizer.
- class - Implementation of
org.eclipse.debug.ui.IBreakpointOrganizerDelegate that performs categorization. Since 3.3, the class may optionally implement
- label - Label for this organizer which is suitable for presentation to the user.
- icon - Optional path to an icon which can be shown for this organizer.
- othersLabel - Optional label for this organizer which is suitable for presentation to the user to describe breakpoints that do not fall into a category supplied by this organizer. For example, if an organizer categorizes breakpoints by working sets, but a breakpoint does not belong to a working set, this label will be used. When unspecified, "Others" is used.
Examples: Following is an example of a breakpoint organizer extension.
In the above example, the supplied factory will be included in the list of options for grouping breakpoints ("Group By > Example Organizer"). When selected, the associated organizer will be used to categorize breakpoints.
API Information: Value of the attribute class must be a fully qualified name of a Java class that implements the interface org.eclipse.debug.ui.IBreakpointOrganizerDelegate. Since 3.3 the class may optionally implement org.eclipse.debug.ui.IBreakpointOrganizerDelegateExtension.
Supplied Implementation: The Debug Platform provides breakpoint organizers for projects, files, breakpoint types, and working sets.
Copyright (c) 2005 IBM Corporation and others.
This program and the accompanying materials are made
available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License 2.0 which
accompanies this distribution, and is available at