- All Superinterfaces:
public interface ISynchronizationScopeChangeListener extends EventListener
Listener for synchronization scope changes.
Clients may implement this interface.
- See Also:
(ISynchronizationScope scope, ResourceMapping mappings, ResourceTraversal traversals)Notification that the scope has changed. The change may be the inclusion of new resource mappings, new resource traversals or both or the removal of mappings (in which case the given traversals will cover the set of resources that are no longer in the scope). This can be due to changes to the resource mappings used to calculate the traversals of the scope or because new resources have come under the control of the repository provider (or other entity) that generated the scope in the first place. Clients can determine whether a given mappings were removed by querying the scope for traversals. If the mapping has no traversals, the mapping represents a removal.
Clients can use the following rules to interpret the change:
- If the mappings are not empty, clients should check to see if the the scope contains traversals for the any of the mappings. If it does, the given mappings have been added to the scope. If it doesn't the mappings represent removals. A change event will never include both new and removed mappings.
- If the mappings are added mappings, and the traversals are empty, then the addition of the mappings did not change the resources covered by the scope.
- If the mappings are added mappings, and the traversals are not empty, then the additional mappings also caused additional resources to be included in the scope. The given traversals cover the resources that have been added to the scope.
- If the mappings are removed mappings, and the traversals are not empty, then the removed mappings also caused resources to be removed from the scope. The given traversals cover the resources that have been removed to the scope.
- If the mappings are empty and the traversals are not, the traversals cover resources that have been added to the scope due to a change in the logical model or the resource under the control of the repository providers that manages the scope.
scope- the scope that has changed
mappings- the new mappings or removed mappings (may be empty)
traversals- the new traversals or removed traversals (may be empty)