Refactoring session descriptors encapsulate a series of refactoring descriptors. They are used to represent chunks of the global workspace refactoring history or refactoring scripts created by the user.
Refactoring session descriptors contain the following information:
- an optional comment string, which provides a full human-readable description of the refactoring session. Comments are automatically generated by refactorings and provide more refactoring-specific information, such as which elements have participated in which refactorings.
- a list of refactoring descriptors describing the refactorings executed during a refactoring session. The refactoring list is sorted in ascending order by the execution time of the refactorings.
- a version tag describing version information of the refactoring session
descriptor format. The version tag is used to provide a means of schema
evolution on the refactoring framework level. Clients which would like to
version their refactoring descriptors are required to implement this in their
specific subclasses of
Refactoring session descriptors are potentially heavy weight objects which
should not be held on to. Use refactoring descriptor proxies
RefactoringDescriptorProxy to present refactoring descriptors in the
user interface or otherwise manipulate refactoring histories. More details
about a particular refactoring session can be revealed in the comment, which
contains more text with refactoring-specific information.
All time stamps are measured as the milliseconds since January 1, 1970, 00:00:00 GMT.
Note: this class is not indented to be subclassed outside the refactoring framework.
- See Also:
- This class is not intended to be subclassed by clients.
(RefactoringDescriptor descriptors, String version, String comment)Creates a new refactoring session descriptor.
descriptors- the refactoring descriptors in executed order, or the empty array
version- the non-empty version tag, one of the
comment- the comment of the refactoring session, or
nullfor no comment
getCommentpublic final String getComment()Returns the comment.
- the comment, or the empty string
getRefactoringspublic final RefactoringDescriptor getRefactorings()Returns the refactoring descriptors.
- the array of refactoring descriptors in executed order, or the empty array
getVersionpublic final String getVersion()Returns the version tag.
- the version tag