Views in the C/C++ perspective
The C/C++ views are panels that help you perform the tasks involved in creating C/C++ programs. The C/C++ perspective displays these panels in a single Eclipse window.Changing Views:
- You can add views to a perspective. From the menu bar choose Window > Show View > Other and select a new view from the Show View dialog.
- To reset the current perspective to its original layout, from the menu bar choose Window > Reset Perspective.
The following views are commonly used in the C/C++ perspective:
- Project Explorer
- Shows all of the file system's files under your workspace directory.
- Displays your program's output, as well as the output from your build tools.
- The C/C++ editor view provides specialized features for editing C/C++ related files.
- Make Targets
- Enables you to select the make targets you want to build in your workspace.
- Displays the structure of the file currently open in an editor.
- If you encounter any errors during a build they will be displayed in the Problems view.
- Shows the attributes of the item currently selected in a view or an editor.
- Lists tasks that want to keep track of, either as a schedule of things to do or a history of things that have been done.