Line View pane (blind)
The Line View pane is a table that presents the problems for the selected categories line by line.
For each problem, the following information is given:
- Type (Icon): a visual indicator for the problem. The icons used in the Line View pane in the blind mode are as follows:
||This icon appears with some other icon. The corresponding element can be highlighted in the Visualization View by selecting this line.
If the problem affects to the evaluation metrics, the score will be shown with the icon.
||This item is an accessibility problem automatically detected.|
||This item is probably accessibility problem.|
||This item requires user confirmation.|
||This item requires human check based on test procedure.|
- Accessibility guidelines: The three accessibility guidelines and standards that are available for use appear to the right of the Icon column.
In the Guideline Checker preference page (opened by clicking Window > Preferences > ACTF > Guideline Checker),
the guidelines and standards can be selected for the tool to use when it checks the accessibility and usability of webpages.
- WCAG 2.0: The number of the corresponding checkpoint defined in the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, which are issued by the World Wide Web Consortium.
- [Section] 508: The corresponding rule in Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act §1194.22.
- JIS: The corresponding checkpoint of the Japanese Industrial Standard (JIS) X8341-3.
- Line: The line number in the HTML document at which the problem appears.
This will appear when the Line number information option in the Guideline Checker preference page is selected.
- Problem Description: A description of the accessibility or usability problem that will prevent blind users from accessing the page.
Left-click a line to highlight the element that corresponds to the problem in the Visualization View.
Right-click a line or press Shift+F10 to open a context menu.
- Clear Selection: Selecting this item clears (unselects) the currently selected problem (or problems) in the Line view.
This is used to stop highlighting problems in the Simulation/Visualization view.
- View Success Criterion: Selecting this item refers to the
corresponding help pages of the success criterion, which appear in a separate browser window.
If there are no relevant checkpoints, this item is not available.
- View Techniques: Selecting this item refers to the
corresponding help pages of the techniques, which appear in a separate browser window. If there are no relevant checkpoints in any guideline, this item is not available.
- View Source HTML: Selecting this item opens the HTML source viewer in which the corresponding HTML element is highlighted.
- Copy: Selecting this item copies the details of selected problem into clip-board in comma separated format.
- Properties: Selecting this item (or double clicking target problem) opens a dialog box that shows the details of selected problem.
Go to Index