System Summary Sections
Description: The Eclipse UI provides an AboutDialog that can be branded and reused by client product plugins. This dialog includes SystemSummary information that contains configuration details. By extending the org.eclipse.ui.systemSummarySections extension point clients are able to put their own information into the log.
<!ELEMENT extension (section+)>
point CDATA #REQUIRED
id CDATA #IMPLIED
name CDATA #IMPLIED>
- point - a fully qualified identifier of the target extension point
- id - an optional identifier of the extension instance
- name - an optional name of the extension instance
<!ELEMENT section EMPTY>
id CDATA #IMPLIED
sectionTitle CDATA #REQUIRED
class CDATA #REQUIRED>
- id - an optional, unique name that will be used to identify this system summary section
- sectionTitle - a translatable name that will be displayed as the title of this section in the system summary
- class - The fully qualified name of a class that implements
org.eclipse.ui.about.ISystemSummarySection. The class must provide a default constructor.
Examples: Following is an example of a systemSummarySections extension:
API Information: The class specified in the section element must be a concrete subclass of
Supplied Implementation: The Workbench uses this extension point to provide the following sections in the system summary dialog:
- System properties: The properties returned by java.lang.System.getProperties().
- Features: The installed features.
- Plug-in Registry: The installed plug-ins and their status.
- User Preferences: The preferences that have been modified from their default values.
Copyright (c) 2004, 2005 IBM Corporation and others.
All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials are made
available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0 which accompanies
this distribution, and is available at http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html