Commenting out code
You can comment out one or more lines of code in any C/C++ editor view. The leading characters // are added to the beginning of each line when commenting one or more lines of code. You can also block comment multiple lines of code using the characters /* */.
Tip: The characters /* */ on lines that already are already commented out are not affected when you comment and uncomment code as described above.
To toggle // comments on code:
- In the C/C++ editor, select the line(s) of code that you want to comment out. If no lines are selected comments will be added (or removed) at the current cursor position.
- Right-click and select Source > Toggle Comment. (CTRL+/)
To block comment /* */ code:
- In the C/C++ editor, select multiple line(s) of code to comment out.
- To comment out multiple code lines right-click and select Source > Add Block Comment. (CTRL+SHIFT+/)
- To uncomment multiple code lines right-click and select Source > Remove Block Comment. (CTRL+SHIFT+\)