Parallel Tools Platform Release 8.0
The Parallel Tools Platform is designed to allow the Eclipse
framework to be used for developing applications for parallel computer
systems. PTP provides the following functionality:
- tools for developing applications based on the Message Passing
Interface (MPI) standard (and other environments and APIs including OpenMP, UPC, OpenSHMEM, OpenACC, etc.)
- the ability to launch, control and monitor the execution of
- the ability to monitor parallel system status information
- an integrated parallel debugger
- a framework for integrating exernal dynamic tools
In addition, PTP provides a platform for parallel tool developers
to integrate their tools within the Eclipse framework. New tools can
take advantage of the user interface components and parallel services
that are provided by PTP, without the need to develop and support this
infrastructure across multiple platforms.
More information and downloads are available at http://eclipse.org/ptp.
PTP 8.0 is released as part of the Eclipse Luna Simultaneous release (June 2014).
Overview, Background, and Setup information
- Overview and Features
- New and Noteworthy
- Introduction to PTP Project Types - local, remote, and synchronized projects
- Introduction to Creating MPI Projects - creating a synchronized and a local project,
Remote terminal view, Setting up Remote Include File Paths, building and running.
- Synchronized Projects - more details about synchronized projects
- Building Synchronized Projects: Build Configurations, Sync Configurations, and Environment Management
- Configuring Environment Modules - more details about Environment Management
- Recognizing Compiler Errors: Cray, PGI, and Open64
- Running Parallel Programs
- Monitoring Jobs and Systems
- Parallel Debugging
- Managing Remote Connections with PTP Remote Services
Other PTP related topics
Note that some of the features listed below may be optional - if you are reading this
from your local Eclipse workbench and a feature is not installed, the link will not work.
All topics are available in the Complete Eclipse online collection of help files.
Please consult the online documentation for the latest PTP help information.
Back to Top | Back to
Table of Contents