The File menu enables you to create, save, close, print, import, and export Workbench resources and to exit the Workbench.
- New (Shift+Alt+N)
- Enables you to create new resources.
Before you can create a new file, you must create a project in which to store the file.
- Open File
- Enables you to open a file for editing - including files that do not reside in the Workspace.
- Close (Ctrl+W)
- Closes the active editor.
You are prompted to save changes before the file closes.
- Close All (Shift+Ctrl+W)
- Closes all open editors.
You are prompted to save changes before the files close.
- Save (Ctrl+S)
- Saves the contents of the active editor.
- Save As
- Enables you to save the contents of the
active editor under another file name or location.
- Save All (Shift+Ctrl+S)
- Saves the contents of all open editors.
- Replaces the contents of the active editor with the previously saved contents.
- Enables you to move the currently selected resources to a different project
or to create a Java package with those resources.
- Rename (F2)
- Enables you to change the name of the currently selected resource.
- Refresh (F5)
- Refreshes the resource with the contents in the file system.
- Convert Line Delimiters To
- Alters the line delimiters for the selected files.
Changes are immediate and persist until you change the delimiter
again - you do not need to save the file.
- Print (Ctrl+P)
- Prints the contents of the active editor.
- Switch Workspace
- Opens the Workspace Launcher, from which you can
switch to a different workspace. This restarts the Workbench.
- Launches the Import wizard, which enables you to add resources to the Workbench.
- Launches the Export wizard, which enables you to export resources from the Workbench.
- Properties (Alt+Enter)
- Opens the Properties dialog for the currently selected resource.
You can learn:
- The path to the resource in your file system
- The date of the last modification
- Whether a file is writable or executable, and what its encoding is
- Whether a project's resources inherit their encoding and line delimiters
or whether they are set to a particular value.
- Recent file list
- Contains a list of the most recently accessed files in the Workbench.
You can open any of these files from the File menu by simply clicking the file name.
You can control the number of files in this list from the
Editors preference page.
- Closes and exits the Workbench.