Preparing the Workbench
This tutorial will get you started using the C/C++ Development Toolkit (CDT) in the Workbench.
First, you will verify that the workbench is properly configured for C/C++ development. It is assumed that:
- Your Workbench has its default settings. To reset the current perspective to its original layout, from the menu bar select Window > Reset Perspective.
- You are familiar with the basic Workbench features, such as views and perspectives.
Setting the global editor operations and appearance
The main place to configure global editor-related preferences is the General > Editors preference pages (also accessible through the Window > Preferences menu item)
Setting the C/C++ editor operations and appearance
C/C++-specific editor preferences are under C/C++ > Editor. They include the following:
- Editor - control the appearance of text highlighting
- Content Assist - customize the Content Assist feature
- Folding - customize folding behavior
- Hovering - customize hover behavior
- Mark Occurrences - set annotations
- Save Actions - configure actions performed while saving a file
- Scalability - configure behavior for handling large source files
- Syntax Coloring - specify how C/C++ source code is rendered
- Templates - configure the format of newly generated code stubs, comments and files
- Typing - configure formatting input as you type