Checking out a project
Coworker Fred has several tasks in front of him:
- Fred will import the project that Jane committed to the CVS
repository into his Workbench.
- Fred will make changes to file1.txt and file2.txt.
- Fred will synchronize and commit his outgoing changes to the two
Fred's first step is to import the project into his workspace as
- Run the import wizard via the
File > Import menu item.
- Select the Projects from CVS
item and press Next.
- Create a repository location as described when Jane created a repository.
- On the next page select the "Use an existing module" radio button
and wait while the repository is contacted.
- From the list of available projects, select JanesTeamProject
and press Finish. A progress dialog will
appear showing the progress of the import operation.
- Open one of the navigation views and observe that it now includes
the project JanesTeamProject.
Notice that there are CVS decorators indicating the file revisions, the
repository name, and the file types.