Installing the examples
Installing examples within Eclipse
The Eclipse SDK examples are found on the Eclipse project update site.
To locate and install them into a product:
- Open the main install wizard by clicking
Help > Install New Software....
This opens the Install Wizard.
- Select The Eclipse Project Updates site.
- Ensure Group items by category is unchecked.
- Type "Eclipse SDK Examples" in the search field.
- Select "Eclipse SDK Examples" and click Next.
- Review the items being installed, and click Next.
- Review and accept the license terms, and click Finish.
- Click Yes when asked to exit and restart the workbench for the
changes to take effect. The examples are now installed in the workbench.
Note: you can also click on Apply Now to dynamically install the
examples into the current configuration.
Installing examples manually
To install the examples from a stand-alone zip file:
- Download the appropriate Eclipse SDK Example zip file from the Eclipse project
web site at http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse.
- Extract the contents of the zip file to a new empty directory inside the dropins directory of your Eclipse installation.
- Start or restart Eclipse.
You can verify that examples have been installed by looking for File >
New > Example... in the workbench menu bar.