Context View Bindings
Description: This extension point provides a mechanism for associating a view with a context identifier. When a context is activated by the Debug view, views associated with it (and also views associated with any parent contexts) are opened, closed, or activated. Contributors have the option to override the automatic open and close behavior.
<!ELEMENT extension (contextViewBinding* , perspective*)>
point CDATA #REQUIRED
id CDATA #IMPLIED
name CDATA #IMPLIED>
- point - a fully qualified identifier of the target extension point
- id - an optional identifier of the extension instance
- name - an optional name of the extension instance
<!ELEMENT contextViewBinding EMPTY>
contextId IDREF #REQUIRED
viewId IDREF #REQUIRED
autoOpen (true | false)
autoClose (true | false) >
- contextId - Specifies the context identifier that this binding is for.
- viewId - Specifies the identifier of the view which should be associated with the specified context. When the specified context is enabled, this view will be automatically brought to the front. When elements are selected in the Debug view, contexts associated with those elements (as specified by extensions of the debugModelContextBindings extension point) are automatically enabled.
Note that this only occurs in perspectives which are specified by the perspective elements, or for which the user has requested "automatic view management" via the preferences.
- autoOpen - Specifies whether the view should be automatically opened when the given context is enabled. If unspecified, the value of this attribute is
true. If this attribute is specified
false, the view will not be automatically opened, but it will still be brought to the front if it is open when the given context is enabled. Clients are intended to specify
false to avoid cluttering the perspective with views that are used infrequently.
- autoClose - Clients are not intended to specify this attribute except in rare cases.
Specifies whether the view should be automatically closed when the given context is disabled (this occurs when all debug targets that contained the specified context have terminated). When unspecified, the value of this attribute is
true. This attribute should only be specified
false in the unlikely case that a debugging view must remain open even when the user is not debugging.
<!ELEMENT perspective EMPTY>
perspectiveId IDREF #IMPLIED>
Specifies a perspective in which the view management will be enabled (since 3.5).
- perspectiveId - Identifier of the perspective in which to enable view management.
Examples: The following is an example of a context view binding contribution:
In the above example, when a context with the specified identifier is activated by the Debug view, the given view will be automatically opened. When a context which is bound to a different debug model is activated that isn't associated with the view, the view will not be automatically closed.
API Information: Since 3.5 , the perspective element can be used to spectify a perspectives in which to enable view management. A product or the user override this setting, by specifying the org.eclipse.debug.ui.manage_view_perspectives preference with a comma-delimited set of perspective IDs.
Copyright (c) 2003, 2005 IBM Corporation and others.
All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials are made
available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0 which
accompanies this distribution, and is available at