Contains definition of chart device renderers
Description: The DeviceRenderer extension point allows custom implementations of device renderers to be plugged into the chart library to generate charts in new output formats.
<!ELEMENT extension (deviceRenderer)>
point CDATA #REQUIRED
id CDATA #IMPLIED
name CDATA #IMPLIED>
<!ELEMENT deviceRenderer EMPTY>
name CDATA #REQUIRED
device CDATA #REQUIRED
format CDATA #IMPLIED
description CDATA #IMPLIED
displayName CDATA #IMPLIED>
A device renderer extension point specifies a mapping entry between a device renderer name against the device renderer implementing class name. Note that all device renderer implementations must subclass the base device renderer implementation provided i.e. org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.DeviceAdapter and override methods as needed. A device renderer is responsible for rendering primitive instructions and handling user events in a particular output format.
- name - The name of the device renderer refers to a tag used to locate the device renderer implementing class. The naming convention uses a prefix of 'dv.'. Examples of device renderer names are dv.SWT and dv.SWING
- device - The device attribute corresponds to the fully qualified class name that represents the implementing device renderer class. An example of the fully qualified device renderer class name is 'org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.swt.SwtRendererImpl'
- format - @Since 2.0. The format attribute indicates a file format which this device renderer can generate, such as "BMP", "JPG", "PNG", etc.
- description - @Since 2.0. The description of the device renderer elaborates the format detail if the "format" attribute exists or the functionality this device renderer holds.
- displayName - @Since 2.5. This is used to display name of device renderer in UI. If it's blank, display name could be "format" attribute value.
API Information: Please refer to the javadocs for IDeviceRenderer in the org.eclipse.birt.chart.device package.
Supplied Implementation: The org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.extension plug-in provides device renderers for default supported output devices.
Copyright (c) 2004-2005 Actuate Corporation.
All rights reserved. This program and the accompanying materials are made available under the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0 which accompanies this distribution, and is available at http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html